OT "The Happening"

Umm anyone see this non-masterpiece?

I was sad. I love M.Night's movies... and the movie was amazingly sucky. I am shocked it did not get extremely bad critiques...

People walking out the doors were like "that sucked."

Seriously... Oh and maybe this was by design but in one part of the movie you can actually see the microphone bobbing in at the top. I am not sure if that was some andy kaufmanish design or just ed wood...

don't waste your money... seriously...

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

The opinions seem to be unanimous about this film.

As for seeing the microphone, it's common for it to be in the frame, and theatres are supposed to block off the perimeter of the projection window with black tape to hide it.

Reply to
richard-foreskin

It was critiqued severely in our local paper.

Reply to
PeterL

"Don't Taze Me, Bro!"

I heard that his newfound control freak ways have ruined his movies. I've only seen Sixth Sense, which pissed me off from a medical standpoint, but was a great movie overall.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

And did Finding Nemo make you mad from an icthyological standpoint? ;)

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

"larry moe 'n curly" ...

Wickeddoll® wrote:

And did Finding Nemo make you mad from an icthyological standpoint? ;)

*fwap*

I'm not an ichthyologist, smart guy.

Nah, that wound wouldn't have been either instantly fatal, or not fatal at all, so the "twist" just made me roll my eyes.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Most of the reviews I've read are bad. Only 20% positive, according to RottenTomatoes.

I haven't seen this one yet. I have to say, I may be the only person around who has actually enjoyed every one of Shyamalan's movies. Yes, even The Lady In The Water. Yes, even The Village. Yes, even Unbreakable.

20% is pretty low, though. I'm not a slave to critics' opinions, but at some point you have to think it's just a waste of $10. Hmmmmm... I could still be that one out of five that likes it, though.
Reply to
M B

I've got a huge crush on Deschanel. I don't get this "M. Ward" reference.

Reply to
M B

I thought Signs was pretty cool. The Village and Lady in the Water are more so fantasy films than horror films.

I think many people expect scarey movies from him when they rent his movies... I think his ideas are good, but they arent executed to perfection like they should be.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

I enjoyed them too but not this one...

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Given the poor box office of Lady In The Water, followed by this dubious effort, it's looking like Disney won this breakup.

Reply to
M B

He's more Rod Serling than Stephen King.

Reply to
M B

"M B" ...

Agreed. I think MNS let his ego overtake his good filmmaking sense.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Oh, a wise guy eh? Spread out.....

Reply to
Chainsaw

Chainsaw wrote in news:hgR5k.3451$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com:

VicXnews

Visually, *fwap* is sort of like:

larry moe 'n curly

I always thought *fwap* was more like this:

Chainsaw

"larry moe 'n curly"...

Wickeddoll® wrote:

Visually, *fwap* is sort of like:

Thanks - I took it for my smiley collection.

:D

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®