(OT) Victim shoots robbery suspect in Applebee's parking lot

(For the copy paste impaired or just plain lazy)

Reply to
ByTor

For the two-extra-keystroke-impaired, surround a link with < at the beginning and > at the end will usually keep the link from falling apart.

Now, back on the subject: The victim should've put one in the guy's throat. No reason for him to continue using other people's oxygen (and tax money).

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Gotta take a shot at something don't ya Joe?

That better for ya? Or did I do something wrong you need to correct or take a shot at?

Glad you admit you like to go *off* the subject.

Reply to
ByTor

Perfect. The crook is shot AND arrested, the good guy goes home.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I don't know. I suspect not because the crook had a troubled childhood, and all, that the good guy obviously did not consider before he opend fire.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The prosecutor probably would've asked the victim the age-old and seriously stupid question: "How did you know for sure that the robber was going to actually shoot you?" People who ask that question are never able to entertain the opposite question.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Since the robber had a loaded gun and said, give me your money or your life...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I wonder when an armed citizen in Philadelphia will defend him/herself and shoot a few "troubled teens" in the next Philly "Flash mob"? If a city condones and excuses violent behavior against its citizens, it will get more of the same.

Reply to
Ed S.

Just look to London and see the nanny state in all its glory.

Reply to
Mr.E

Bad comparison. When the "troubled" person in the story initiated the armed robbery, all his history became irrelevant. It's always that way when you commit a violent crime. You become an object to be destroyed. You are fully aware of this when you do it, and if you didn't accept all the possible outcomes, that's just too bad.

"flash mob" does not fit this discussion.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom