{OT} Volkswagen ad featuring Ted Kennedy

That was in poor taste 30 years ago. It still is today. I wonder how fast a Jetta will sink?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I think it makes a valid point that most people would serve time in prison if had done what Kennedy did. Instead he got elected over and over to congress. Maybe he will have half his brain taken out to remove that tumor, which would instantly change him to a conservative.

Reply to
Fat Moe

Exactly. It will get rid of the rotten part doing the poor thinking and leave the good part...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I doubt that would be the case, particularly in the 1970's. Traffic accidents were not criminalized the way they are today. There were no witnesses, not proof of intent, nothing but Kennedy's account. People have done a lot worse and not gone to jail, even in today's climate. If something like this happened today, he probably still wouldn't go to jail, but the civil suit settlement would be staggering.

By people that heard the story over and over and over again. Clearly the people of Massachusetts did not think the accident was a criminal act (or maybe they didn't care).

I've never cared for the man's politics, but I am sorry he has a brain tumor.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Rush Limbaugh has half his brain tied behind his back just to make it fair.

Reply to
dbu

Let me see if I understand you correctly, If you are agreeing with Fat Moe, then you are agreeing that to be a conservative, one needs to suffer severe reduced mental capacity? Seems a bit harsh, there must be some conservatives out there with more than half a brain. Although, being a conservative, perhaps we should defer to your experience with the group.

On a related topic, the shooter in the Knoxville church shootings stated to police that the attack was against a church he felt was too liberal. Conservatism and reduced mental capacity????

Reply to
tak

Fair to who? His listeners?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I agree, I don't wish anyone to have to endure what Teddy has.

You are also right about the traffic accidents. Now days they are officially called "crashes", legal jargon so as not to prejudice a possible criminal/civil court case.

Reply to
dbu

The liberals as if you didn't know. He is right 99 percent of the time. He uses a Tim Russert tactic, by playing recordings of the target person he's talking about, so how can you go wrong when you have the actual recording. A good method.

Reply to
dbu

I wonder if the Kopechne family found the ad humorous.

Reply to
badgolferman

Not everyone agrees. Scroll down the page for rebuttals to Rush statements:

Doc Shock

You read it wrong. Taking Joe lessons? Kennedy is a Liberal's liberal, but has been found to have a debilitating brain tumor. So, I am agreeing with Fat Moe that, if they remove the tumor, Kennedy will finally start thinking clearly and become a Conservative.

That wasn't too hard to follow, was it now?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Fair, ya right.

Here is where they recommend you get your news from:

This is yet another deceitful website claiming to be fair and independent, non-partisan is another sneaky word they like to use. I'd like to have auditors look at their books to find out where the money to fund their operation is coming from. Care to make a guess? Their AirAmerica couldn't make it and so they want to shut down conservative talk radio.

At least Limbaugh tells you who he is and what he's for.

Reply to
dbu

Here is a fact for you - trying to convince Ditto Heads that Limbaugh is a self promoting gas bag that spews out crap is a waste of time.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Not really. He says he's an entertainer.

And some of us do realize that some of his daily show is blather. But what isn't is usually correct.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I imagine not.

I think the picture is not even accurate. I know old Bettles would float (at least for a while), but there is no way it would float so high as shown in that picture. See

. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Rush Limbaugh works with half his brain tied behind his back, just to make things fair?

Now I know. I always suspected he was a half-wit. :)

Actually, I kind of like Rush for ENTERTAINMENT. I just refuse to take him too seriously. I take Al Franken even less seriously. MrB

Reply to
Mister Bear

I'm glad you brought up al frankenstine. What a wind-bag he is. He tried to make a talkshow on air america, but couldn't compete and went bye bye. Now the little carpet-bagger wants to be a US Senator. At least RL isn't a phony like the frankenburger.

Hey, if anybody wants fairness go to msnbc they are so far left that it puts R.L. conservative to shame.

Reply to
dbu

What does that have to do with floating VWs?

Reply to
Hachiroku