OT: What the heck happened to gas prices?

Gas jumped 40 cents here in Chicago today.

What is going on?

Where's the Democrats' proposed price decrease?

Reply to
n5hsr

Only you would be stupid enough to think a politician could reduce gas prices.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They could if they start making more friends than enemies around the world. Of course that would not be your interests if you are working in the oil, gas and defense industries.

Reply to
ZR

Isn't that what the Democratic leadership said in their efforts to get elected to the majority?

Of course, then the PAC money would dry up.

But, just another example of making promises you don't intend to keep. Surprise, surprise...

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's one reason I've put JoeScott'sBedroom on the blocked list. He's totally STUPID. He neither answered my first question (Why did gas prices jump 40 cents?) nor the second (Whatever happened to the Democrats' promise to lower gas prices if elected?) He just made a smart-ass remark. Pretty brave for a person that still owes Scott half a million.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Maybe it has something to do with the cost of corn. I think what's outrageous is the cost of table corn for human consumption. 3 ears $2 !!??

Reply to
mark digital©

ROFLMAO

What we need is some wimp Dim in charge out kissing the world's arse.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

He shows his lack of intelligence daily. It would appear that the drugs are getting to him.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

This is what happens when you let environmentalist wacko's loose.

How about the price of milk?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

There was a heavy rainstorm in Mo. and a storm drain plugged up flooding the administration office of a refinery in Mo. thereby causing the weekly payroll to be delayed and making the price of gasoline rise. :)

Reply to
dbu,.

How do we account for the price of milk going up?

Reply to
dbu,.

witfal

They were *stupid* enough to run their yaps at election time.

So, you *knew* they were lying and didn't alert the masses? Shame on you!

And, if they *COULDN'T* do anything about gas prices, why did they *say* they would?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Beats me. Do you try and analyze every lie you hear, especially the stupidest ones? Any idiot knows government can't determine the price charged by businesses.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

cause they are Dimocrats. Dim voters are dim and easily led.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Not only have you lost a half million dollars, you have lost your mind.

Of course government can determine the price charged by business.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You do every time Bush says something. When the shoe's on the other foot it doesn't fit very well, does it?

And I guess they got the idiots to vote them into power. Least, that's the way it seems to me.

And he wonders why I think Al Gore is full of shit, after he admits the Democrats are LIARS!

Thanks for clarifying that, Joe, but we knew it already...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Some lies are simply stupid. Others result in other people's kids being killed for fun and profit, as in Iraq.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom