(OT:) WTF!!!! MySpace trying to buy Dow, Jones and Co.?

Oh Boy! A pop version of the WSJ???

Reply to
Hachiroku

If MySpace is any indication, it'll be more like a broken version of WSJ. "Questionz about ur subscription? eMaiL oR IM us with u cUst iD n we doWn wit ur pRobLem".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It is not MySpace who is trying to buy Dow Jones and Co. (DJ & Co.), the publisher of the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), but News Corp, which is largely owned and controlled by Rupert Murdock (News Corp also owns MySpace and the Fox network - the family that controls DJ & Co does not like Murdock, but $5 billion is hard to pass up). Other companies are also looking into buying DJ & CO. (News Corp is a publicly traded company; I own part of it myself.)

However, it won't be MySpace buying the WSJ.

However, in the last few days (I think yesterday on the Radio Show Marketplace), it was announced that Murdock is talking with Yahoo about trading MySpace for 1/4 of Yahoo shares.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

In message news:zlsei.2513$p45.1887@trndny01, =?iso-2022- jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= sprach forth the following:

Old news... the New York Times already did a mockup WSJ front page. It was pretty funny.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Thanks. I didn't realize Murdock owned MySpace. The report I heard this AM only said MySpace.

I knew Murdock was trying to buy the WSJ, but his efforts were being rebuffed.

I get enough news from Murdock already. I like the WSJ just the way it is, thank you! Don't sell your shares just yet...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Definitely the prize for the funniest response!

And one I agree with! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Murdoch bought MySpace for something like $580 million. The money was apparently spent on beer, because MySpace still produces one of the most embarrassing error messages imaginable: "An unknown error has occurred. A message has been sent to tech department".

Any real programmer will tell you that unless you're working with a very new software project, there's almost no such thing as an unknown error. It's an embarrassment.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom