output/AC120V

Was at my dads last week and we had a major storm here in Dallas. Electricity went out. The Ford Escape Hybrid already has a ac120v output built into it as do many cars they are building now days...

Anyway, he went out and started it up and ran a chrod inside and turned on a lamp so we could finish our presentation with a guy trying to sell an add on to my parents house.

Thought that was pretty sweet. So, what did I do? I ran out to Radio Shack and bought one. I am now trying to think of something I can use it for...

*snicker*
Reply to
Go Mavs

One what? I don't think they sell Ford Escapes, so I have no idea what you bought at Radio Shack.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Sounds like he bought an inverter. You sound like you're trolling.

Reply to
mrsteveo

You may be right, but I am not going to guess. I asked him for more information.

More accurately, I am asking what he is talking about.

Reply to
Jeff

Riiight.

If you're not trolling, you're an idiot. It's quite obvious what he was talking about.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

You know what? I am not going to guess what he was talking about.

If you don't like it, tough.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I'm not sure but the escape hybrid may have a bigger alternator or gets some help from the electric generator/battery when a device is plugged in the AC120V outlet. For your inverter, I guess this will only be used for low power devices, e.g. laptop computer, a printer perhaps, but not on TVs, compact refrigerators (blackout during a big game & a cold beer would be nice) especially if your using in during blackouts since the engine rpm is in idle when the car is parked.

Reply to
EdV