power window motor removal and installation 99 camry

My drivers side power window is stuck all the way up. It makes no sound. All other windows work fine. If I buy a combo window motor regulator from the net- autozone parts man says they just sell motor

-how do I get the old one out?. I got the door panel off, but cannot see the motor. If I remove all bolts/nuts I am afraid window will crash down. Is there some technique to this since I cannot see connections. How can plastic regulator piece be aligned / adjusted with window if not visible. Doesn't it need to fit perfectly . I cannot afford dealer prices. I left it open in the rain. Maybe that drowned the motor. ? Anyone tackle this before. Thanks for advice

Reply to
sedonapas

for $10 per day you can access on line versions of Toyota factory repair manuals at

by the way, a more likely possibility is the combination switch in the door panel. With the wiring diagram from the web site, you can check out the switch before spending money on the motor and regulator.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
sedonapas

Nonsense- Instead of shelling out 350 dollars I will just put some current on the motor once I can access it to see it it is live. Different if I was doing heavy duty stuff like rebuilding an engine.

Reply to
sedonapas

If the motor works in both directions, then the next thing to diagnose is the master switch in the driver's door. For that, you will need a wiring diagram. In my experience, the switch is a more likely culprit than the motor.

Reply to
Ray O