Prius -- 23 mpg??

Ah, so you're one of the idiots on the road who's too busy watching his dashboard video game to actually pay attention to the world around you and drive.

Quit playing the video game and DRIVE.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Yes, the main reason I use N instead of pedal-feathering glide is to avoid looking down at the screen.

Also I prefer the bar-graph display (Consumption) to the engines/wheels/battery display (Energy).

I still haven't learned how to feel glide with feedback from the vehicle, especially with the radio or a CD playing.

Reply to
Bill Tuthill

For me, it feels like a subtle "softening" of the ride. But yes, it can be hard to sense. Actually I don't make a big thing of it

-- provided I get a decent score in the Game. (One for Elmo, who still hasn't reported back to us on his Prius misadventures. )

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Hell, my 10 year old geo prizm gets 30mpg in summer with full time use of the AC.

Reply to
RT

Update: tire pressure was fine. When it got warmer the gas mileage got better pretty much in a linear fashion and I'm back up in the 40's now.

Gas mileage is lower when it's cold, but I hadn't expected the effect to be this large. This may be because the car isn't garaged.

Reply to
Bob Dole