Prius Mode setting blank

I have found that if I leave our 2015 Prius Four in "Power" mode when I switch it off, when I switch it on again there is no "Mode" indicator at all -- blank where the Mode indicator normally displays.

What Mode is it actually in at that point? -- doesn't feel like Power mode when I hit the accelerator. I'm guessing that it's in ECO Mode, but why doesn't it display that?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

It's in normal mode. Not Power. Not ECO.

Reply to
Pat

Thanks, Pat. We are newbie Prius drivers and hadn't realized that there was a "Normal" mode in addition to the ones activated by the labeled buttons. When I Googled the modes, I found suggestions that in many situations "Normal" may be preferable.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Interesting. Why do they believe normal is better? I typically use ECO because I like to see high mpg's. I sometimes use power when entering a busy freeway but then I go back to ECO. I do notice that when I rent a car (non-Prius), I tend to press the gas pedal too hard at first because I am so used to driving the Prius in ECO mode.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

This is what I found first of all -- a basic description of the different modes:

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

What does your owner''s manual say?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The Owner's Manual refers to EV, ECO and Pwr modes. I have found no mention of a "None of the Above" or "Normal" mode.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

And the so-called "Normal" mode isn't even the default (unless it normally is but the previous owner was able to change it or have it changed by the dealer): the default appears to be the ECO mode -- at least that's the mode in which ours always started until this recent occasion when I had left in Pwr mode and it started up again in that "nothing" mode about which I was asking.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy