Prius Mode setting blank

I have found that if I leave our 2015 Prius Four in "Power" mode when I switch it off, when I switch it on again there is no "Mode" indicator at
all -- blank where the Mode indicator normally displays.
What Mode is it actually in at that point? -- doesn't feel like Power mode when I hit the accelerator. I'm guessing that it's in ECO Mode, but why doesn't it display that?
Perce
On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 11:59:48 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

It's in normal mode. Not Power. Not ECO.
On 06/17/2018 07:10 AM, Pat wrote:

Thanks, Pat. We are newbie Prius drivers and hadn't realized that there was a "Normal" mode in addition to the ones activated by the labeled buttons. When I Googled the modes, I found suggestions that in many situations "Normal" may be preferable.
Perce
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 16:04:58 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Interesting. Why do they believe normal is better? I typically use ECO because I like to see high mpg's. I sometimes use power when entering a busy freeway but then I go back to ECO. I do notice that when I rent a car (non-Prius), I tend to press the gas pedal too hard at first because I am so used to driving the Prius in ECO mode.
Pat
On 06/17/2018 04:58 PM, Pat wrote:

This is what I found first of all -- a basic description of the different modes:
> http://prius.wikia.com/wiki/Operating_modes_ (ECO,_Normal,_PWR_and_EV)
I can no longer find the thread where people were suggesting that Normal is better, but it was on the priuschat forum.
Perce
On 2018-06-17 20:04:58 +0000, Percival P. Cassidy said:

What does your owner''s manual say?
On 06/18/2018 05:15 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

The Owner's Manual refers to EV, ECO and Pwr modes. I have found no mention of a "None of the Above" or "Normal" mode.
Perce
On 06/18/2018 10:36 AM, I wrote:

And the so-called "Normal" mode isn't even the default (unless it normally is but the previous owner was able to change it or have it changed by the dealer): the default appears to be the ECO mode -- at least that's the mode in which ours always started until this recent occasion when I had left in Pwr mode and it started up again in that "nothing" mode about which I was asking.
Perce