Q: 2001 Corolla CE _WATER_ pump

Ok, in my earlier post, I meant WATER pump all along. I apologize for my absentmindedness. Well, let me repeat the questions:

  1. Where is it located in the engine compartment?
  2. How often (every X miles) should it be replaced?
  3. If there is no such recommended interval, what are the warning signs that water pump is about to fail? I'm afraid that if I wait till it actually fails then the engine will overheat => serious damage => a lot of $$ in repair costs.
  4. What should I expect to have to pay to have water pump replaced?

Thanks

Reply to
bubbabubbs

No problem.

On the end of the engine away from the transmission, where the visible belts are.

When it goes bad.

Leakage. Possibly noise. Although noise could be one of the other driven items like the alternator.

You still didn't mention how many miles you have on it.

Depends on what else you have done at the same time.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

91K miles.

nothing else, just a brand new water pump. Cost?

Reply to
bubbabubbs