leak at distributor o-ring

I have a persistent oil leak from the distributor shaft on my 1990 Camry. I have already tried replacing the o-ring twice, to no avail. Help!

Reply to
simba

simba wrote in news:1_578405 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

Plugged PCV valve?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Unless it is a 4 cylinder, if memory serves (like our old '88), it doesn't have a PCV valve.

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Replace the distributor then. Its leaking inside the shaft seal

Reply to
Liberals=Angry Losers!

"Liberals=Angry Losers!" wrote: > simba wrote: > > > I have a persistent oil leak from the distributor shaft on > my 1990 > > Camry. I have already tried replacing the o-ring twice, to > no avail. > > Help! > > > Replace the distributor then. Its leaking inside the shaft > seal > > -- > > > > > > > The Second Amendment Is Americas "Original" Homeland Security!

Thanks for the responses. It is a four cylinder model, but it does not have a PCV valve (models after 1987, do not have a PCV valve). I did change the distributor (for a different reason), but the leak continued.

Reply to
simba

You did look at both the inside and outside of the housing to make sure that nothing is damaging the o ring, right? What was the condition of the o rings you replaced? Did you use the correct o-ring? Is the distributor factory OEM? Is the oil draining from the head properly?

Reply to
Ray O