Qslim's sludge pics are up!

TeGGer®

These photos are downright scarey! Much worse than I would imagine. Perhaps you've posted all the particulars before, but could you summarize them: Type of car/motor, precise mileage, age of motor, time oil was in motor, type of oil, type of driving, climate ... anything that might be relevant. If you've covered this before, I apologize, but I haven't seen the details. What a nightmare! These photos should be shown to car-owners who don't think regular oil changes are important. Thanks for the photos. B

Reply to
BushkaBob

Very interesting boys, thanks...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Of course, you're talking to a person who, every time he DID buy a NEW Toyota, changed the oil at 1500 miles, and then again at 3000 miles...

Reply to
hachiroku

Thanks for hosting those, great pictures, however horrible to look at. Crazy how somebody would not change the oil, but build up like that on only 8,700 miles? That does not seem right.

Reply to
Josh

Something else interesting that shows up in the pics is the rusted exhaust bolts (nuts/studs?). What's up with that?

noneyabusiness

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to the age of the car. For me, 8700 is about 3 months!!!

Reply to
hachiroku

On average about 6 miles per day over 4 years. Very short trips means you should get your oil changed more often than what the Mfg recommends as best case, 7500 ect. The owners manual specifies this very clearly as short trips, stop and go driving ect oil should be changed every 3000 miles.

Reply to
Dbu~`

Hi all,

I feel these pictures are not true for a 2001 / 8,700 engine, I have a 2000 and it looks much better, cleaner . Look at other pieces , we can see the rust and surface of these pieces, they can not be that old , especially this one :

.However, just my personal opinion .Regards

Thomas T.

Reply to
Thomas T.

"Thomas T." wrote in news:IeT6e.21812$VF5.20614@edtnps89: