Ping: Tigger

At work the other day a Honda came in with an EGR code... Standard 2.2 I believe. We replaced the egr valve, but the code came back, so I researched it on IATN (awesome site for auto mechanics) anyway it suggested cleaning the ports in the intake manifold. I was amazed at how easy it was to do and how clogged the passages were. I feel this may be a good addition to your web site for the do-it yourselfer. I plan to do my nieces timing belt soon and will also check the egr ports too. Perhaps we can collaborate in a project.

Reply to
Steve

Was done by my mechanic on my '92 Accord. Didn't notice any difference in engine performance. May be a side effect of fuel choice and its detergent compounding. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

"Steve" wrote in news:tamCe.432727$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

That would be great! A howto on cleaning them would be an excellent addition to the FAQ.

What would be awesome is photographs of the procedure, along with a running commentary on what was found and what was being done about it.

You could also give a sort of rundown on what symptoms a stuck EGR valve/clogged passages will have.

Check out some of the submissions from others, like this from Qslim:

And from jpoy:
And from Yota:
These readers supplied the photos and a writeup on what was happening. I reorganized it and made up the pages.

I have a number of other submissions that have not yet been put up, but will one day (soon).

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Like this?

It's what I used as a how to when I did my 91 Accords ports.

Reply to
Steve Bigelow

Great article, but needs a little formating to fit on the screen....

Reply to
Steve Bigelow

Unless the EGR is stuck open or opening at the wrong time, it won't effect performance. The EGR system is an emissions game. As the cost of r&r ing some manifolds could be costly, some people here choose to live with the light.

Reply to
Steve

"Steve Bigelow" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com:

Yeah, that's pretty close. Thanks for the link.

I'll put a local copy up on the FAQ (eventually)

Reply to
TeGGeR®