Question on 01 Avalon with 190k miles

Hello, I have a question on an 01 Avalon XLS. I just sold my 98 Avalon with 275k miles that ran great but was fixing to need some big bucks put in it. I found a one owner 01 in immaculate condition for 4900 and the price was firm. On the 01 I talked with the owner who gave me his techs number, I talked with the tech and he said the owner had taken great care of the car but here was the bad. The rear main seal had a small leak, cost of 964 to repair,the valve cover gaskets also needed replacing, 325 bucks and the timing belt would need changing in another

10k miles. He recommened doing the valve cover gaskets immediatlely but said he would wait on the rear seal being it was a very small leak. Would you pass on this car? I have found some 04's with around 80-100k miles in the 8k price range but I did not want to spend that much right now with my budget. At the same time don't want a money pit either. I did get 2900 for my 98 needing work and I had enough to pay the other 2k for the 01. What do you folks think? Buy or keep looking. It is very difficult to find a one owner with all the service records in this price range. Buying a used car is a crap shoot and if this were not a Toyota I would never consider a car with 190k miles for any price. Oh and the oil and tranny have been serviced with all synthetic. new. new.
Reply to
No Spam

Sounds good to me, buy it and use regular oil or the high mileage oil and you might not have the leaking oil problems.

Reply to
Mr. Austerity