RAV4 - Annoying beep noise

Just recently bought a (nearly-) new RAV4 (mod. 3003). When I open the door with the contact key left in place, it makes an ugly and insistent beep noise. I like to listen to the radio from outside, eg while I clean the car (door open), and this beep noise is really a nuisance. Also, when I leave the small lights on when the car is parked - convenient or even necessary in some situations, there is a different, very annoying beep tone, obviously produced by the same beeper, somewhere behind the dashboard, on the left of the steerwheel. Is there a way to shut that damn thing up? (eg a fuse or so?) thanks.

Reply to
lega kismar

If it cannot be disconnected you could close the car door and open the window. Or if the door has to be open, be creative and come up with a fastener to hold down the door switch. Don't have any ideas for the second problem.

Reply to
Art

Maybe Toyota took a leaf from Mazda's beeper book and set it up so if you open the door with the key in, beeper goes off until you remove the key. Reinsert the key with the door still open... beeper couldn't give a toss!

Give that a go.

Nick.

Don't have any ideas for the second

Reply to
Nick Trounson

Try the same 'cure'...bet it'll work just as well?.

Reply to
Gord Beaman