Re: 14 Houses (update)

One of the homes that has a final judgement on it had the real estate

> sign taken down and the lock box removed. The foreclosure judgement > was final in December. I don't understand how they are still in there. > In the judgement there was a date of auction of feb '09. > > Another =A0home across the street from me has been vacated and is being > sold due to divorce. =A0And yet another next to that had a moving truck > there today and that one is brand new with a brand new 250k mortgage > with no sign of trouble paying up to this point. Uh. that is no sign > other than the husband was never home. They even had an alarm system > recently installed. > > And now I'VE become one of the 14 who are 'in flux'. And so have half > the homes on my street. All of us on this side of our street (which > backs up to a drainage ditch and that is next to the wall of a sam's > club) have received a notice from our city that they want to buy all > of our properties for a huge drainage project that was necessitated by > the last hurricane. > > I may be at a new residence by June of this year. I've been in this > house for 20 years and have lived on this small cul de sac longer than > anyone. It'll be sad to go. But I've already told the city that I will > be cooperating and willing to sit down and crunch the numbers. > > I'm thinking of having my home lifted on jacks and moved to another > lot that is about a mile away. The city said there will be no emminant > domain. Either we all agree or the project takes another form. > > So I guess in a year or so the title of these posts will be 7 houses.

Eminent Domain on you, you were noticed or you are a Troll on BS

Reply to
ransley

None of this is likely to happen... that is if the facts are as stated.

Reply to
mail7

Interesting... maybe they will use some stimulus money for the drainage project and give you a better deal than they would otherwise. Best of luck, keep us posted.

We have a "drainage project" on a major road in our neighborhood. They are using "gabions" to shore up the side of a canal about 3/4 mile long that has suffered in recent storms and was causing the road paralleling it to cave in at spots.

Reply to
bogusmailmark