Re: 2000 Echo-time to buy a new car???

Power steering flush

> Replaced power steering fluid > Cooling system service/flush > Replace anti-freeze > 4 wheel alignment and road test > Brake inspection > Adjusted brake cable, cleaned rear brakes > Replaced front brake pads > Replaced oil filter, gasket > Added fuel additive, oil additive, solvent > Cleaned cabin filter > Throttle service-cleaned and lubed throttle linkage

I forgot to mention that all the above proves your car was in fine shape, except for possibly the wheel alignment and front brakes (about $200-300 total).

If a dealer charged me $1,379 for all that stuff, I'd go back and try to get the bill cut in half or contact a local TV station's consumer reporter If this is an AAA approved garage, then it has to abide by AAA arbitration (but you don't), whether or not your an AAA member.

Here's the service manual for the 2000-2002 Toyota Echo The password is "pdftown.com" It may help you in any discussion with the garage.

larry moe 'n curly