Re: Germany considers tax on the obese. (Cross psot removed)

Can the US not be far behind, now that the government has taken over control of our healthcare system?

I received a notice from my "Senior Blue Advantage" plan today saying that future plan cost will be based on ones age. The base fee for each of us goes up $73 and the monthly cost will go up automatically on January first, every five years after age 65, up to age 80, then the fee remains the same.

I will not be affected by the new fees but I will have to pay $45 more a month for my wife, come January who turned 75 this year, a total of $135 more every month. Co-pays go up from $15 and $25 to $25 and $50, as well.

Curiously the new application we must file asks the question: "Do you own a hand gun?" Are they afraid we may kill ourselves if the new government insurance, that was supposed to cost less, cost too much? ;)

Reply to
Frank