Re: How do I add *THIS* to my differential?

All right then, what would you suggest I use in my Studebaker "Twin

>Traction" unit, hmm? :) I stopped by my local Studebaker dealer to >get some of the factory recommended Studebaker-Packard lube, but they >appear to only sell some weird German car with a star on the hood now.

You have a local Trabant dealer? Get me one in blue, please!

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

LOL!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm not too far away from South Bend. I could run over to the Studebaker factory and pick some up for you if your local dealer has started selling some cheap import.

Then again, the Auburn, Cord and Duesenburg factory is only about 50 miles from here. Maybe I could pick up some Duesie rear end lube for you.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Heh, you laugh, but you probably could, if they still had any. If you do, tell Dennis and Denise I said hi. (for those that don't know, SASCO nee Newman and Altman is still in business, selling leftover Studebaker parts stock out of the old Studebaker engineering building on Sample Street.)

AFAIK, the first use of a clutch type limited slip in a passenger car was in 1957 by Studebaker, so that probably wouldn't be much help :( (sorry to bring a serious fact back to a thread that was starting to become delightfully silly)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel