It's a Toyota, I want one:

Gawd, Hachi

*uploading some lithium*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

This time I know what you're talking about and...

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The Coaster has been around for a long time. They used to have one at TMS HQ in Torrance.

If you visit Toyota City near Nagoya Japan, you can even see a fire truck on a Toyota chassis.

Reminds me of the blonde who was cooking in her kitchen when she got a grease fire...

She dialed 911 and said "Quick! We have a fire in my kitchen at 123 Main Street!"

The dispatcher said "OK, remain calm, how do we get there?"

The blonde says "DUH! The big red truck!"

Reply to
Ray O

RAY! Picking on blondes! Once I pick my ass up off the floor I'll send this!

Reply to
HachiRoku

Oops! I should have been more PC and said green haired

Reply to
Ray O

HachiRoku wrote in news:Q9aQe.1276$Re1.972@trndny04:

at least she found the eleven button

Reply to
st. john

Oooooooh! ;)

Reply to
HachiRoku

Reminds me of a (male) blonde service manager I used to call on. He was great with customers and the employees in his department, worked diligently on his paperwork, could fix a car with his eyes closed, but he was not exactly computer-savvy. His admin person was attending a seminar at our office, and he is the one who looked up a vehicle's date of first use if there was a question of whether a vehicle was still within the warranty period or not. A customer came in and the service manager had to look up the date of first use. He called me, I walked him through turning on the computer but had to call his admin person out of the meeting because I didn't know what login and password she had set up. We put him on the speakerphone, and she tells him to type his first initial and last name. He hunts and pecks and asks for the password. Knowing that he'd never remember his password, she set up 4 spaces as his password. She tells him to hit the space bar 4 times and hit enter and then proceeds to the next step. The service manager shouts "wait, wait, wait, I'm still looking for the space bar..."

Reply to
Ray O

Maybe he thought it was a farout place to drink?

About 20 years ago, a friend and me were going to sell computers with an ANY key. Should have patented the idea.

Charles

Reply to
n5hsr

We were selling some older IBM Keyboards that had extra keys on them, but would work with PCs. The boss went to Las Vegas for Comdex and came back with about 250 ANY keytops, paid all of $5 for them. So we had all the older machines set up with keyboards with functional ANY keys on them.

Reply to
SupraGenius

"Charles @ Kankakee" wrote: snip

Yeh...woulda saved many service help desk operators lotsa headaches!... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Hell, I can save you a plane ticket to Japan - Marv Spector has a few Japanese VFD 'patrol pumpers' built on FJ56 and FJ61 chassis, totally operable. They're in his "collection" on the way in the back door. Ultra-cool guy, too.

You're welcome to translate the Kanji on the hood...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Very cool! Sorry, my ability to read Kanji is VERY limited so I have no idea what it says.

The fire trucks I was writing about were a lot bigger, about 80% of the size of a U.S. one.

The story about the 1973 FJ 40 that ran Baja mentioned 2 former Toyota executives that I'd met and played chauffeur to on a few occasions.

Reply to
Ray O

I should have those for around here . . .

Charles

Reply to
n5hsr