Re: If The Truckers Parked Their Rigs For One Week Gas Would Come Down!

And most business would grind to a screeching halt, so everything *else* would be exorbitantly expensive.

I'd rather pay more for gas, thanks.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Absolutely true. If truckers parked their rigs for a week, there would be no more gas at the stations, because gas gets to the stations by truck.

If the truckers parked their trucks for one week, the price of gas would sky-rocket, because there would be high demand and low supply. Of course, the price of gas would not be relevant, because there would be none for sale.

If people drove more intelligently, filled their tires with gas to the recommended pressure and checked the tire pressure regularly, planned their trips so that they decreased the number of trips, keeping the car engine warm and more efficient, used the proper oil (5W20 or 5W30 or a lot of cars) and kept filters clean, people would use less fuel, which would help keep prices down a bit. Plus, if people with more than one vehicle drove the more (most) fuel efficient vehicle appropriate for the task, that would help decrease gas usage, too.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

What the hell. It's been a while since I threw in one of my famous fuel saving suggestions. Make it the law that every car salesman MUST ask customers looking at certain vehicles "I'll sell you whatever you want, but are you positive you have an actual need for an tank like this, or are you just being silly?"

If they're caught not asking the question, they have to lick out Rosie O'Donnell's butt crack on a bad day.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom"

ROFL - yeah, that'll fly.

Thanks for that. I'll just go gouge out my eyes with a hot fork, now.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Obviously, the penalty is revolting enough to give the law some teeth. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

There you go with the oral references again. Not helping.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Or, at least some tongue.

Reply to
Jeff

Oh Jeff, Jeff, Jeff.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Was that Oh Jeff, Jeff, Jeff

or..... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jeff, Jeff, Jeff?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Or perhaps a government official can check to see if "the papers are in order" before a purchase is made?

If people want to be stupid, they should have the right to be, and the free market can correct as needed.

Reply to
B A R R Y