Re: Lets size up the field

I just knew I would get your attention.

Reply to
dbu.

Sure:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson

"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -Samuel Adams

I figure these two guys knew more than you and I. Do you?

Reply to
witfal

"One would think you freaks would stick together LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

Yes, you got my attention. What a manly man you are. Now, what about the mesozoic era. Real? Not real? Junk science? What do you think?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Even better: One of the army's advertising slogans settles it once and for all. "I am an army of one". I like it. That means I am a militia, and that, in turns, eliminates the Brady bunch's nonsense about militia vs. individual gun rights. One person can be a militia/army.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Only a slogan, and a poor one at that.

Better yet, the People are the Militia:

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American. The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. - Tench Coxe

Reply to
witfal

Yeah, well anyway, we have to pick & choose what we like from the founders. Did they really mean just Christians, or did they mean people who have the same moral compass? What about Jews?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I didn't see the word Christian in my quotes at all. But to answer your question, you won't find a mention of any founding father who said the people should be prohibited from owning guns. As far as Jews are concerned, religious freedom was of paramount importance to them. I suspect that since Deists were accepted, so would be Jews.

Reply to
witfal

Oh boy. Thank you. This tell me *everything* I need to know about Charlie. Jesus! (no pun)

Reply to
F.H.

I'm sure Jefferson was relieved when he found that Deists were "accepted."

Reply to
F.H.

Not mere guessing; not by a long shot.

You're wrongly thinking that a theory is just a hypothesis.

Plenty of proof, but crazies won't accept any of it because it contradicts their ridiculous hypothoses that have far less proof to support them.

Why was Darwin's other major theory never accepted? Was it because scientists were prejudiced, or did they find the evidence lacking?

Because there was no theory to explain continental drift until the

1950s or 1960s, when plate tetonics became accepted.

Typical false statements of creation non-science believers. You have no proof, but that never stops you from libelling your dissenters. You people will keep fighting against theories of evolution on religious and political grounds rather than seek out legitimate scientific proof.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Ouachita Baptist University. DId you know fellow student Susan McDougal?

When did Huckabee say that? If anything, he said he didn't necessessary believe in traditional Darwinist evolution, although he didn't say a word about Eldrigian evolution.

It takes a lot more brainwashing to believe in Inteligent Design than evolution

Are you again in trouble with the IRS?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Some believe it's only about 4,000 years old.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Is she really a fundamentalist, or is she instead an evangelical? Jimmy Carter, for instance, is an evangelical but not a fundamentalist (he's actually anti-fundamentalist).

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Do you think radiocarbon dating is nonsense?

I'm talking about the earth being millions of years old. Think "mesozoic era". How would you like to see that reproduced?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The uses the "F" word, but maybe she's an "E". She thinks GWB is a fool and a murderer. Does that help?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If the world was made in just 6 days, then all the radiometric evidence, not just carbon dating, is completely screwed up and can't be explained. Still creationists maintain it takes more blind faith to believe in evolution than any creation myth, emphasis on "myth."

Reply to
MaceFace