Re: Lets size up the field

2. Fox reported on Wed., that Mike Huckabee looks like he is gaining > ground.

There's a scary thought.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm worried that you haven't noticed how strange he is. I'm not surprised, though. You're the monkey who think a city government is allowed to override TSA's airport security procedures.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Of course JoeNoBedroom, the traitor, wants the reincarnation of Iosif Vissarionovich Dzugashvili to be in the White House.

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
n5hsr

You never saw me say that, thorazine boy. If you disagree, find the text and copy it into your next message.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

At this point, Huckabee is the only one I can serious consider.

Reply to
witfal

He thinks the earth is only 6000 years old. You're comfortable with that? That's not an isolated characteristic, either. It's intertwined with his being a religious freak. Not religious, but FREAK.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Which part of my comments do you disagree with, and why?

While you're at it, don't forget your unfinished (an embarrassing) business. Sacramento. Remember?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Which part of my comments about Huckebee do you disagree with, and why?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I see JoeNoBedroom is castigating any person that has faith in God and believes in the Bible. Wonder if he's a front for Ron Sherman? When he dies and goes to Hell, he'll know the Bible is true then, but it will be too late for him.

We know that the earth is at least 6000 years old because there were people back then to see it. Anything older is guessing from the evidence. There seems to be evidence that it is older, but remember the scientific principle? We ought to be able to reproduce results? When's the last time you saw a species evolve into another species? The evolutionists think it happened, but we can't prove it so that leaves Darwin as just a THEORY. We do not know for sure what was going on before man was created. We've got lots of nice theories, but no way of proving any of them.

Case in point: When I was a kid, scientists assumed that the whole earth had been warmer during most of its existance. Illinois was supposed to be half submerged in the Gulf of Mexico, but had been assumed to very tropical during the Jurassic Era. Now we find that Illinois is not where it was then, and things may have changed, that the United States wasn't near its current position until getting close to the last Ice Age. There are now several major freezes in the timeline before the last Ice Age (Supposedly

14,000 to 8,000 BC) There was also the 65 million year ago thing that wiped out the dinosaurs that they didn't know about until a few years ago.

It takes a lot more faith to believe in Evolution than Inteligent Design. The Evolutionists have to keep changing their story.

Charles the Curmudgeon Repeal the 19th Amendment.

Reply to
n5hsr

Would you mind elaborating, only "6000 years old" comment?

For myself, I think the billhairy is hoping for a Huckabee, that would be a shoe in for billary.

Reply to
dbu.

I've not read his opinion on that matter. I have a problem with anyone being dogmatic at either end of the time spectrum.

Being religious? Should anyone bother to actually do non-revisionist historical research, they'd have an eyeful as to the opinions of founding fathers on that subject.

Reply to
witfal

JoeNoBedroom's assumption is that all Christians are Fundementalists, and all Fundamentalists believe the Earth is only 6000 years old. Huckabee graduated from the same university I did. He thinks that anyone that believes in anything other than Evolution is a retard.

It takes a lot more 'faith' to believe in Evolution than Inteligent Design.

Charles the Curmudgeon Repeal the 19th Amendment.

Reply to
n5hsr

That is a fact.

Reply to
witfal

Notice that the word FREAK was paired with "religious". Or, don't notice, if for mysterious reasons, you need to create a secondary debate where none is needed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I might be OK with elaborating. But first, I need to know your thoughts on the existence of the mesozoic era. If your response is anything other than intelligent, which I was be the judge of, you will not get what you crave: Something to do this evening. Answer carefully.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't really believe anybody living today thinks the earth is only

6000 years old. JSB is just playing his usual games again. Doug is bored again with nothing to do and without a female in his presence to keep him busy with other things.
Reply to
dbu.

For some reason, YOU are trying to inject the perjorative. Being a religious FREAK or just being religious, in some people's minds, are one and the same.

I've not changed the debate subject. I've only pointed out that if you decide to investigate, you'll find that many if not a majority of the founding fathers were of the opinion that only Christians should be in office.

Don't shoot the messenger. Their words. Not mine.

Reply to
witfal

I know a fundamentalist who's got a very balanced view of human nature, but I suspect she's unusual.

I guess the founders were fallible. Religion isn't a requirement for moral correctness. Look at Charles the woman hater. I'll be he thinks he's religious.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not so unusual.

All humans are fallible. Should you wish to dispute the opinions upon which they based this country, you merely have to come up with something better.

Ready...set...go.

Reply to
witfal

Let's talk about the 2nd amendment! Or, maybe not.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom