Re: Never give Toyota your cell #

Never give Toyota service or dealership your cell phone number, they will

> spam you to death! > > Bastards! > > I bought a new Toyo a year ago, and all of a sudden I'm getting a flood, > constant stream of spam phone calls to my CELL PHONE! Which is illegal.

No, it's not. You have a BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP with them. Therefore, they can continue to call you.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Nope. If you ask them to stop, they are supposed to take you off their call list, & stop calling you.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Exactly. It's _ALWAYS_ funny when someone claims something is illegal when they have absolutely NO clue what their own responsibilities are under the law.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Well he SAID he did. But if he did as he said and started swearing at the person he called they could have ignored him. Add to that: 1. It takes time to remove the number HE gave them from their list. 2. Mistakes happen and they might have typed the number he said to remove in wrong. Especially if he was yelling and swearing at the time. C. I'm sure there are other ways the number might not get removed immediately that would not be malicious or intentional in nature.

What he _SHOULD_ do: Write them a letter. Be matter of fact, not rude. He doesn't need to be nice. Tell them that he does not wish to receive calls on his cellphone anymore. If he still wants calls on some other number, or emails or snail-mail, he should tell them. If he doesn't he should tell them that too.

He should send them the letter and send a copy to Toyota. Making sure the dealer knows he sent a copy to Toyota.

He should then wait a while to ensure the calls stop.

If they don't after he's sent a letter, he should call the BBB and, if he's really wishing to file charges, the state ag.

bet he won't, tough. He'll just bitch about it.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Depends on how you ask them to stop.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

So your feeling is: If it's not illegal "Don't complain?" What a weak excuse. Are you a phone calling service?

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

=B3=BA=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=B3=DD=DB=BA=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA= =DD=B3=DD=DD=DB=B3

=A0 | =A0=DD=DB=B3=BA=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=B3=DD=DB=BA=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3= =DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=DD=DB=B3

=B3=B3=DD=DB=BA=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=B3=DE=B3=BA=DD=B3=DD=DD=DB=B3

=A0 | =A0=DD=DB 0 1 7 2 3 / =DD=B3=DE 3 7 4 9 3 0 =DB=B3

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D

How about a nice big kiss on the posterior? I'm sure that would suit you just fine.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

STOP? They shouldn't even have the right to start without permission. Is there something wrong with you that you treat induvidual rights and privacy so lightly??? Are you from England?

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Got evidence I ever said any such thing? Of course not, needle dick.

Excuse? Dude, maybe you should invest some of your beer money in a dictionary?

Actually, I run an NSP. We don't take phone numbers, we don't ASK for them and, if someone asks us to give them _YOUR_ information, we'd demand a signed order from a judge.

Poor little ignorant fool, maybe you should just sit it out for a while and let the adults talk?

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore