Re: {OT} Markets are indicating no confidence in stimulus plan

Interesting that Cabela's rose today. Based on Hack's logic, Cabela's must've gone into the banking or automobile business, because as he said yesterday, only those sectors were on the upswing.

I hope they still sell fishing stuff.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Whoever owns the oil has to respond to the idea and adjust the price. Barrels of oil do not adjust their own price, nor do stocks.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yesterday, you said more than once that "they were not buying". You must've based that statement on the DOW or another index, because individual stock information says otherwise. Not all of them are being repriced overnight, as described by Conscience.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm shocked, simply shocked, that a hypster doesn't live up to his own hype.

Why do people watch CNBC for investment advice?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

What's your track record on investments?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I didn't argue with him about whether or not the thing he described was true. I asked questions, and we finally saw eye to eye on the issue. Stop ignoring messages you don't like for various reasons.

Buying or resetting overnight prices: Conceptually the same thing. In the latter instance, the market maker is deciding a stock is worth more. If someone agrees enough to buy it, then the buyer's sentiment is the same as if he'd bought it the day before because he felt it was a good idea.

The ratio doesn't matter. If you buy a stock at $10 and it goes to $15, why do you care what the indices are doing? Your stock went up.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In which category (speculation or emotion) would you place Hack's theories about the broad indices?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not everyone cares about the indices. Not everyone "buys the market", even though index funds have experienced a certain amount of popularity.

You buy the market, though. You buy the lollipop concept sold on the TV news.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sounds like you have lots of confidence in your methods, if you haven't invested any real money.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That's not what I asked about.

It doesn't count without real money or public documention of every sale and purchase. .

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Faith in the "market" only matters if you are buying the "market".

The indices don't matter unless you are buying the indices.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And yet, there are people ignoring the indices and making money on stocks which are going up in price.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This IS the discussion. "Why aren't they buying?", you asked. "They" are buying.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In this discussion, what do you think I'm wrong about?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You said:

"Our particular stock may be up on any given day, or down but it doesn't really matter."

Assuming your use of the word "our" means a stock you (actually or hypothetically) own, why would you care about stocks you do NOT own?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't feel threatened. The last 14 million messages have been about his statement that nobody was buying equities. That's all. That's it. No other issue here for me.

Of course, he's denying he ever said it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Actually, my statement does not imply that it's easy. It's simply a true statement of fact: There are people ignoring the indices and making money on stocks. This discussion is not about ease or difficulty.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Are you Strickland's mouthpiece? The question was directed at Strickland. Do you have an alias you'd like to reveal to us?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes. That's true.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Conscience has nothing to do with asking the Hack to back up his sermons. You know this is true.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom