registering key codes 2001 Avalon

When registering new transponder key codes what are the pitfalls? can you wipe out the original registration by mistake? What can occur if you make mistake or do you just start procedure again? The ecu can hold 7 registrations I am told, can you remove some if full? I am new to this transponder stuff. Any info would be helpful. I have a new generic key which I have cut and it works mechanically.

Reply to
F Murtz