Camry 2005 LE - How to delete all but one master key from the unit

After buying a steering wheel lock for my camry 2005, because they stole my spare keys from my house a week ago, I found this instructions on the internet on how to DELETE all but one master key from the unit, so I tought, if I make the camry's computer delete the spare key transponder then my master key that I currently use will be the only registered key to work! So I don't have to worry about getting the car stolen !, so I tried the instrucions but on step 5 I'm not getting the security ligh flashing. Have you heard of this procedure ? Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

If I succedd in deleting the registration of the spare key from the camry's computer then I just buy a new transponder master key and programm it as per the instructions and have some piece of mind. What do you think ?

Reply to
Enrique A

I saw your post this morning before going to work, and looked through the factory manual for a similar process. The only manual process listed was for registering keys as decribed in the link you provided - there was nothing for deleting stored keys. The only way we've ever done that is by using the Toyota factory diagnostic tool. If there is a manual process for it out there, I haven't seen it.

Reply to
qslim

Is the "toyota factory diagnostic tool" for sale on ebay ? maybe it's less expensive than paying $1000 to the dealer for reprogramming the computer and I can do it myself.

Thanks

Reply to
Enrique A

I hope your dealer did not quote you $1000 for "reprogramming". The new models make it very easy to do. The "immobilizer reset" feature in the handheld scantool takes maybe ten minutes. I think we charge around a half hour of labor to perform this function, sometimes nothing for regular customers.

Reply to
qslim

If I buy this scan tool, can I do an Imobilizer reset or reset all master keys in order to program new ones ? :

Enrique A