Replacement for the Toyota Solara?

I've been considering a Solara convertible, but I recently read that

2008 will be the last year for the Solara nameplate. Has anyone heard or read anything on a possible replacement for the Solara convertible? Perhaps a retractable hardtop convert? Many other manufacturers have hardtop convertibles (VW, Mercedes, Pontiac, Chrysler, etc.) and I'm surprised Toyota seems a bit behind the curve in this area. Yes, there is the Lexus SC but I can't justify (or afford) that model.

Will Toyota be without a convertible in 2009? Anybody heard any rumors on a new model?

Mister B

Reply to
Mister Bear