Scion xA ?

What are owner (or future owners) impressions of the xA (auto or manual xmission) get a good deal on it, did you consider the Prius or (gasp) Honda Element ?

Reply to
someone

Don't own one. The xA is loosely based on the Echo platform, this means great economy, lousy power. (So is the xB...)

If I was unassing my ducats, I'd look at the tC first; course, I like 2D coupes. Next would be the Matrix; plenty of room, nice power, decent economy.

NEXT would be a Mazda 3 wagon. Nice design, boatloads of Ooomph!

Honda Element? They give me a headache just looking at them.

Expect to PAY for a Prius; every one we get is long sold. And I'd wait thill the State Of The Art of hybrids settles a little...

Reply to
hachiroku

Bullshit, Corolla-boy. I love both the Echo *and* the Xa's mileage. My only caveat about the Xa is the stiff steering and considerable roll. Other than that, the Xa rawks just as much as my Echo (Xa is hubby's car)

Nice and high insurance and maintenance costs...

Fugly, but reliable

Did you see where the Prius' computer was effing up?

Search the posts here for it

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

A stiffer rear sway bar helped the body roll and handling on my Matrix A LOT. :-)

Reply to
Mark

No, no, no, Natalie! Sheesh! I wasn't saying, "Don't onw one" I was saying "Don't own one" in response to the OP's question, "Anybody here own one". So, I meant "*I* don't own one!!!"

Now take it back!

We have an xA on the lot. Under the new regime, I doubt I'll get to drive it. Under the old regime, I probably could have borrowed ti to go tolunch when my Celica broke down yesterday. I would LOVE to be able to take it for a spin. I only wish Toyota had put a more 'aggressive' engine in it!

Shouldn't be too much more than the current Corolla!

Zoom, Zoom!

That's why I'd wait. Actually, we have quite a few of them in and out, and I like it. A little unnerving the way they start and run, but cool little cars. I call 'em Japanese Beetles due to the design...

Reply to
hachiroku

Glad there *isn't* a bigger engine in it (don't want to feed the thing)

When might hybrid mania settle down, when fuel cells are feasible ?

Reply to
someone

But..but...you implied my Echo doesn't have testicular fortitude! It *does!*

Not till you recant that grievous insult to my Echo!

Hey, leave your issues out when discussing my Echo...

Like I'd have that one either!

There go those issues again...

LOL nah, they're much better made than VWs will ever be

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

LOL you sound like me talking about that damned Sunfire Enterprise first gave me. Thing out-ate my teenaged son!

Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Do you have an A/T or a 5 sp. They ARE pretty quick on the pickup due to the gearing. But, it is basically the same car as my '95 Tercel, and while it ran tops, I wouldn't put it up against my ae86 or even a Corolla "S".

I didn't insult it. I merely meant to imply they can't get out of their own way! ;)

Basicall, the same car.

Believe it or not, the Corolla "S" is a nice quick car! Can't wait till we get an XRs...

But they LOOK like Japanese beetles!

Reply to
hachiroku

It won't be too long now.

We just delivered 2 Highlander hybrids...

Reply to
hachiroku

Automatic, but I'm not certified through NASCAR, so it's enough for me

*fwap*
*whistling innocently*

Corollas and Camrys are just too common. I must see at least 10 of each of those per day. Why be ordinary? Bob and I love strange-looking vehicles, as they seem less hum-drum

*snip*

Heh - guess I've never seen a Japanese beetle

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Look these up in Google images:

1982 Tercel hatchback 1969 Subaru 360 1973 Volvo 1800ES 1991 Toyota Sera 1958 BMW Isetta 1966 Toyota 600 Sport (or was that Sport 600?) 1970 Honda Life

I had the 1800ES and a friend had the Life.

Oh, and who could forget the Pacer?

Reply to
hachiroku
*snip*

You need to get out more

I had it all but banished from my memory, then along came "Wayne's World", so it's stuck in my mind again. Oh, the humanity!

Natalie, gouging out her eyes with a spoon

Reply to
Wickeddoll®