show picture of 2001toyota corolla dashboard light

I just bought a 2001 Toyota corolla. Unfortunately it did not come with an owners manual. I do not know where the switch is to turn the dashboard lights on

Reply to
aml

I just bought a 2001 Toyota corolla. Unfortunately it did not come with an owners manual. I do not know where the switch is to turn the dashboard lights on

Reply to
Sharx35

Are there so many knobs on a 2001 Toyota Corolla that you can't find the dimmer? I imagine it looks like a 747 panel.

Reply to
Electric Comet

That's probably an indication you did not turn the headlights on, but are driving around on the DRLs with you entire rear end dark.

The lights on the dash come on when you actually turn the headlights on. They do not come on when the DRLs are on, and this is one stupid idea. I had a dealer give me a different car while they were fixinf my Toyota, and it had a dash light saying DRL. Glowed bright green in the night. Good idea.

Reply to
Hachiroku ????

That's probably an indication you did not turn the headlights on, but are driving around on the DRLs with you entire rear end dark.

The lights on the dash come on when you actually turn the headlights on. They do not come on when the DRLs are on, and this is one stupid idea. I had a dealer give me a different car while they were fixinf my Toyota, and it had a dash light saying DRL. Glowed bright green in the night. Good idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- However, my 99 Camry does *not* require that the headlights be turned on manually--a sensor on the dash automatically does this when the ambient light level is reduced to a certain level. I've never, in the 16 years I've had that vehicle, had any OP tell me that my taillights aren't working--even got out of the vehicle and checked them myself. Of course, my older vehicles, pre-DRL, always required that the headlights be turned on manually and, of course, if the headlights were on, the taillights were on, too, being on the same circuit.

Reply to
Sharx35