Stowing 2007 Highlander's 3rd row seatbelts

I'm about to purchase a Certified 2007 Highlander Limited with the third row seat. I'm going to rarely if ever use the 3rd row, so I'd like to learn how to stow the seatbelts out of the way. Surprisingly, my dealer didn't know how. We both saw what appeared to be a place where the buckle should snap into on the right and left sides of the vehicle, but we couldn't figure out how to do it. He's going to ask the parts dept but I was hoping to get some help here.

Also... the vehicle surprisingly doesn't come with an owner's manual. Is there a site to download one or order one?

Thanks.. I'm going from an 03 RX300 to an 07 Highlander Limited.

Reply to
J Golden

I have a 2007 Highlander Limited. The seat belts stow up near the ceiling on either side of the back hatch. You pull them out and down to the buckle in the seat.

Go here and buy a manual and download it. I did. In PDF and inexpensive.

uncle_vito

Why would you pay for the manual, when you can register with Toyota and get the PDF version for free? See:

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

You sure? I do not see anything that says Free. Did you register and find out. My manual cost me $18 to download and no need to register which likely means a lifetime of SPAM.

uncle_vito

OK. I decided to register. I have a totalled Toyota whose VIN number I gave. I also gave them a bogus email address so I wouldn't get spammed. I also had to give my home address and select a home dealer. I am sure to get harrassed to no end.

Here are the manuals for a 2007 Highlander. Looks to cost about $500.

Hardly free. They do have free specification look up, owners manuals and how to repairs that are interesting.

Repair Manual VOL. 1 RM03J0U1 $ 123.51 Repair Manual VOL. 2 RM03J0U2 $ 108.07 Repair Manual VOL. 3 RM03J0U3 $ 108.07 Repair Manual VOL. 4 RM03J0U4 $ 108.07

uncle_vito

Thanks C.E. I registered with Toyota.com and am able to download the manual for free. Unfortunately, the directions are still confusing. I'm going to have the parts/service department explain it to me when I pick up the vehicle on the 15th.

J Golden

dude, he was talking about the owner's manual. Repair manuals are

*never* free.
Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

$18!!!!!!!!!!! That is highway robebry.

Yes if you register, Toyota gives away the downloadwed manual. I did it for my Mother's Higlander. I've never gotten any spam. Ford (and others) don't even you require you to register to download their owner's guides.

Ed

C. E. White

But if you go to the Toyota Technical Information Service

you can get access to the Toyota Service Manauls AND Technical Service Bulletins for 2 days for a very reasonable fee ($15). You can save the TSB and sections of the service manuals you need as PDFs. It is not practical to download an entire service manuals this way, but you probably wouldn't want to (but if you really are decicated you could). Ford, GM, and others have similar services. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White