Strange Stuttering

Hi, all

I tried posting this already and it did not appear, so please forgive me if this comes up twice . . .

I have a '96 Tercel, 4-speed manual, with 74K miles. The car runs great (44 MPG!), but when I first pull out of the driveway in the morning, just as I engage the clutch in first gear and begin to give it gas, I notice a slight "stuttering" that feels like it is clutch related. However, after driving for even 5 minutes, the problem vanishes, and everything works perfectly for the rest of the day.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Reply to
jhassol

Hi, all -

I have a '96 Tercel 4-speed manual, with 74K miles. It runs great, but I've noticed that when I first leave my driveway in the morning, as I release the clutch in first gear and start to move forward, there is a slight "stuttering." I can avoid this by easing the clutch in slowly. The thing is, after even 5 minutes of driving, the problem vanishes and everything works fine for the rest of the day.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
JH