tire pressure corolla 02

What is the recommended tire pressure for 175/65r14 tires for an 02 corolla?
Thanks, Wajahat

If you're in the U.S., check the sticker on the driver's door frame.
Ex.
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:27:50 -0700, Wajahat Qadeer wrote:

It's printed on the sidewall of the tire, or in the glovebox (no....) it's on a sticker on the driver's side door jamb on this model.
I would guesstimate 35 PSI, but some newer tires run at higher pressures. I usually run either at top PSI (for economy) or a couple PSI less (for handling).
hachiroku wrote:

Always, always, always use the car makers recommendations - maybe slight adjustments one way or the other. The pressure on the tires is the maximum, not the recommended pressure. All tire makers will tell you the same thing.

I always go 3-5 PSI more than the recommended tire pressure on the door jamb for improved tire life.
--
Ray O
correct the return address punctuation to reply
Ray O wrote:

I always use some higher pressure too but I do it for handling purposes. I also use chalk to check the contact patch, making sure all the rubber is on the ground -hot and cold-. I'm a bit anal about this but what else is there between you and the road?
<snipped>

Does 3 or 5 PSI make a visible difference in the chalk contact patch? I would imagine that the factory recommended pressures allow for that for most tires.
--
Ray O
correct the return address punctuation to reply
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:50:28 +0000, FanJet wrote:

This actually sounds like a good system, FanJet. I'm intrigued...tell me more!
How do you use the chalk, is it chalk dust, where do you mark it, etc. Please tell me the method!
hachiroku wrote:

I couldn't find the original link, here's one way..
http://www.advanceautoparts.com/english/youcan/html/ccr/ccr20010801tp.html #
I use a bunch more chalk and check how it transfers to the pavement. After some practice, you'll get good with the chalk and you'll know just how much pressure gives you the largest contact patch which, of course, is the idea.
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:09:33 +0000, FanJet wrote:

Excellent! Thanks, FJ!
We now return to our regulalrly scheduled Conservative-and-Liberal Bashing! ;)

Of course...I find it amazing that anyone would actually think that they know a vehicle better than the people who build it, with all their engineers, sales teams, think tanks etc. T'aint gonna happen. They have millions of dollars tied up in this machine and a bad flaw will cost them bigtime, heads will roll, careers will go poof, grown men will cry. Think about this the next time you say out in public "What a stupid way to design a brake system" (or somesuch). Makes you appear 'not too bright'
--

-Gord.

"I'm trying to get as old as I can,
course...I find it amazing that anyone would actually think that they know a vehicle better than the people who build it, with all their engineers, sales teams, think tanks etc. T'aint gonna happen. They have millions of dollars tied up in this machine and a bad flaw will cost them bigtime, heads will roll, careers will go poof, grown men will cry. Think about this the next time you say out in public "What a stupid way to design a brake system" (or somesuch). Makes you appear 'not too bright'
--
-Gord.

+++++++++++++++++++
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

I haven't the foggiest idea but are you certain that it's a stupid idea?...I would doubt it heavily...why don't you try rerouting it??...let us know what happens ok? <snicker>
--

-Gord.

"I'm trying to get as old as I can,
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:30:48 +0000, Gord Beaman wrote:

Nasty, Gordo, Nasty...

I know! Hashi I know, I tried but I couldn't resist...my bad...
--

-Gord.

"I'm trying to get as old as I can,
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:41:47 +0000, Gord Beaman wrote:

Well, sometimes it IS a stupid way to design a brake system! Why, on similar cars, would one, real easy to work on system be worse than a Honda system (I picked the WORST brake system in the world to work on...)

I dunno, but like aircraft, most systems need to accommodate other systems and changes to one system can have far-reaching effects on some others in diverse conditions.
Any proposed change is studied to death to ensure that the change won't affect some other system in some conditions. You sure don't want to find some effect that you can't live with when you have tens of thousands of vehicles on the roads to recall and fix...(or worse, aircraft in the air full of people).
This can be disaster for your company, all caused because a few mechanics suggested using a split pin instead of a fibre insert nut to lock a bolt in the brake system for ease in maintenance and it was found that a strange vibration (harmless otherwise) was wearing the split pin off and the bolt was dropping out of some critical area.
Remember TWA? (Trans World Airways), they had a design flaw that they didn't even know about for years take down just one of their many many aircraft. The company went broke almost overnight.
You cannot futz around when you have big responsibilities...
--

-Gord.

"I'm trying to get as old as I can,
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:51:44 +0000, Gord Beaman wrote:

Oh, I agree, But in your example of brakes, why are Toyotas so easy to repai and Hondas so hard?

I don't know Hachi...which system came out first?...maybe Toyota studied Honda's system and improved on it?...maybe Toyota had better design engineers?. could be that Toyota's engineers/sales/design staffs etc put more importance on the 'ease of maintainability' aspect of their vehicles?...dunno...
--

-Gord.

"I'm trying to get as old as I can,

The only pressure printed on the tire is the maximum pressure under the maximum loading, it is not the normal pressure that should be used.