Toyota Corolla Timing Chain Tensioner Oil Leak Repair Guide

The timing chain tensioner on our 2005 Toyota Corolla S starting seeping out oil recently. I did some research and apparently it's a
common problem on all the ninth generation Corollas (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, & 2008) equipped with the 1ZZ-FE 1.8L I4 engine.
I bought the new part and some RTV silicone sealant to fix the problem. I took pictures of the process and created a quick guide to help out other owners with the same problem.
Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Toyota-Corolla-Timing-Chain-Tensioner-Oil-Leak-Repair-Guide
I hope someone finds it to be useful.
Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Neat work!

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Toyota-Corolla-Timing-Chain-Tensioner-Oil-Leak-Repair-Guide
On Friday, October 22, 2010 7:26:37 PM UTC-4, Paul Michaels wrote:

Hi Paul, how do I know if I have to replace it. Because recently I was told that I have to replace Timing Chain Tensioner along with other some other repairs on the car by the car dealer.I got 2006 corolla with 100k miles. It runs fine now.