Toyota pickup power

I have a 1992 toyota 4cyl 4x4 pickup with oversized tires...what do i need to do to get more power and more speed, i cant get any speed on the freeway! Any help is appreciated!

Reply to
johnnycf26

How oversized are the tires?

Start with the basics - tune up, spark plugs, ignition timing and advance, air filter, vacuum leaks, etc.

Reply to
Ray O

Put the standard size tires on it and see if that helps. Larger diameter tires

require more power to turn, but I would thing a 4X4 pickup would not suffer from

a lack of torque.

Also, you may

have been driving faster, but with the oversized tires, you speedometer is wrong. The speedometer uses drive shaft rotations to determine speeed, so it requires a certain diameter tire to be accurate.

Reply to
ma_twain