toyota starting problem

I have a 92 toyota camry. I have replaced the ignition coil 3 times now. It gets a weak spark from the ignition to the coil and won't turn over. help!

Reply to
thebarrs4

Research your definitions and get back to us...no seriously, an engine 'turns over' when the starter makes it do so. The coil has nothing to do with it. I'd guess what you really mean is that it 'turns over' but doesn't 'hit', 'catch' or START.

Given what you know, I'm suspicious of your diagnosis....

Reply to
jakdedert

As jakededert mentioned, your automotive terminology is pretty confused.

The spark does not go from the ignition to the coil. The current goes from the coil to the distributor cap and then to the spark plugs, where the spark is created.

The common meaning for "turn over" is a synonym for cranking the engine. When you say "turn over," do you mean that the engine cranks but will not start?

Why did you replace the ignition coil 3 times? Were the replacements an attempt to get a spark? Were the ignition coils genuine Toyota parts or aftermarket parts? Are the distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires, and spark plugs genuine Toyota parts or aftermarket parts. Aftermarket parts sometimes cause a weak spark or other ignition-related problems.

for an engine to run, you need air, fuel, and a source of ignition, all at the appropriate times.

I recommend that you have the car professionally diagnosed.

Reply to
Ray O