toyota tercel

I have a 1995 Toyota Tercel DX that is giving me a P0170 reading and I'm not sure what to fix. Can someone give me an idea where the location of this problem is or where I can find out. I really cannot afford to take it to a shop cause I know they will just rip me off.

Reply to
cardoc69

Is the "cardoc" moniker supposed to imply that you know something about diagnosing and repairing cars?

This link will give you a list of standard OBD II DTC's:

P0170 means Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 1). Since the Tercel has an in-line

4 cylinder engine, there is no Bank 2.

If you know how to use a multi-meter, warm up the engine to normal operating temperature and measure the voltage at the #1 O2 sensor.

Reply to
Ray O