transmission fluid question

I have a toyota camry 1999 I wanted to replace the transmission fluid in my car. I called a car shop and they said there is no transmission gasket to be replaced when changing the oil. But, there is a filter that requires replacing. Is that true?

Does that all needs to be done when replacing the transmission fluid? Thank you

Reply to
rogv24

Don't let that guy work on your car. There is most definitely a gasket. There is also a filter, but they usually don't require replacement. 9 times out of 10 you can just spray the filter out with cleaner and be good to go. So far he's 0 for 2.

Reply to
qslim

Reply to
lxtautomotive

just replace the transs fluid type "t-IV and the drain plug washer

Reply to
lxtautomotive