Trouble fitting new front hydromount to '95 Camry 4 cyl

Have got new hydromount in position, but there is a strong spring in the mount which is causing the new mount to sit too high for the upper bracket support bolts to line-up with threaded holes in block. What's the go here? I tried raising the engine, but the car raises with it. Or do I have to disconnect the side mount to raise the engine?

Appreciate any advice here :-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I was curious about hydromounts, and found something interesting at one manufacturer's web site:

"As well as affording quiet and fast operation, the new Vacuum Switchable Hydromount has been engineered to avoid a loss of damping during sudden impact loads - such as with pot holes and sleeping policemen, for example."

:-)

JoeSpareBedroom

Vacuum controlled engine-mounts [hydromounts] are fitted to later Toyotas and are a refinement. Tim

Reply to
Tim

I gotta hand it to you, Joe. Sometimes you come up with some real jewels of good information.

This isn't one of those times.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The humor is good information. Sort of like another classic: The LL Bean catalog once described a sleeping bag compression sack as being made from "bomb-proof material". Someone wanted to know if customers were paying attention.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom