2002 Avalon Steering Mechanism

My local Toyotal dealer told me that I should replace the rack and pinion on our Avalon because of leaks. I see no evidence of any leakage such as dropping fluid level or drips on our garage floor, but am headed out on a long trip where it would be nice if nothing went wrong. Is there any reason to believe that a 2002 Avalon with 60,000 miles on it should have this done? Should I have the radiator flushed? Are there other weak links in this car which should be attended to? Thanks...

Reply to
GRW

What does your owner's manual say about radiator service intervals?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Dealers are to be avoided if possible. They operate on large overheads and charge accordingly. Any accredited mechanic, is capable of and is legally able, to work on your Avalon. Save yourself some money,..piss the dealer off, right out of it :-) If you are concerned, and I wouldn't unless as you mentioned, there was oil on the ground or wet under the front of the car from the firewall back,..get a mechanic who haqs a rep for reasonable prices and good work :-) Ask around as to who people use.

Tim [Oztralia]

Reply to
Tim