used car auctions

I've a Toyota Highlander hybrid. I'm wondering what happens after you run out of gas, and refil the tank.

Does the engine need to crank a bit to fill the fuel system, or is there an electric fuel pump which will prime the engine for a quick start?

Anybody with first hand experience?

Walt

Reply to
<waterbirds

Running the hybrid drivetrain system out of gas can damage the battery pack because the vehicle will continue to run until the battery is discharged beyond its optimal state of charge. I believe that there is a warning in the owner's manual not to run the vehicle out of gas. If it does run out of gas, the engine will need to crank a bit to fill the fuel system.

Reply to
Ray O