Waiting list for a toyota Prius

Lol there?s a 3 month waiting list on a Toyota Prius i think that?s the funniest thing ever lol there use to be a waiting list for a Bentley GT coup when it first came out now people go on waiting lists for a Toyota...

Reply to
clearwater8365

You obviously didn't look into buying a Prius in '04.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If you are serious about buying one of these tomato cans, just wait a while, they will be built in the U.S. soon and the price will go down, providing Toyota does not knuckle under to the labor unions, which I don't think they will. Good luck.

Reply to
dbu

Why wait for a Prius? Just go buy a Corolla and save the 6-8 thousand dollars difference. I dont think hybrid is worth the high price. Scott

-- Message posted using

information at

zonie

or a Honda Fit :-)

Reply to
Truckdude

"Truckdude" ...

With that mileage? Um, no.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The Prius is a significantly larger car, for one. It also have features available to it that aren't available on the Corolla.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Oh, quit with the drama, Nat. I know you get a whopping 40 and I only get a measly 36. The Fit is hereby a gas guzzler. Noted.

Reply to
Truckdude

Its not the car its the battery they cant make more of

Reply to
ransley

"The Prius is a significantly larger car, for one. It also have features available to it that aren't available on the Corolla."

--------- No it's not and no it doesn't...

Reply to
in2-dadark

"Truckdude" ...

Oh chill out - nobody's knocking the thing. My only point is that a car that small just doesn't seem to be a bargain, unless it has much better mileage than larger vehicles. Perhaps it's roomier than it looks, but it looks about the size of the compact Yaris.

There are probably cars that get better mileage than my Echo, but it's just the right size for me. The Fit doesn't appear to be what I'd like, so without the mileage advantage, I'd pass.

Aren't we here to discuss cars?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Oh, quit with the drama, Nat. I know you get a whopping 40 and I only get a measly 36. The Fit is hereby a gas guzzler. Noted."

-------- She's an attention ho...Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong as long as she gets the attention she needs every minute..

Reply to
in2-dadark

Aren't we here to discuss cars? Natalie ============ Yet she changes the subject to dick and sex at every turn... hmmm... Time 4 meds..?

Reply to
in2-dadark

That, in itself, is not a problem; this person's posts *are*.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"clearwater8365" ...

Supply and demand. It is the hot car right now. They are only making so many at a time.

Reply to
Tomes

Not sure how you figure here... I just checked the Toyota site and the '09 Corolla doesn't have a touch screen LCD (MFD) standard like the Prius although it does have standard a small "multi informational display" which sits in the gauge cluster below the speedometer needle where one would expect an odometer to be and has navigation available which adds an LCD not sure if it is touch sensitive or not though. It also doesn't have push button start (power on Prius) standard or Smart Key available which allows you to enter and drive your car from it being locked without ever touching a key or the FOB. OTOH the Corolla has a sun/moonroof available and the Prius doesn't but that also could be because I was told and I am not sure if this is true or not that the reason the Prius doesn't have that option is the unique roofline wouldn't allow for one and that if it did have one it would bump the size class of the car up from midsize to full-size. It is true that the Prius is between the Corolla and the Camry as far as size is concerned.

Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know

"Daniel Who Wants to Know" wrote in message news:jkXgk.208473$TT4.140442@attbi_s22...

This "dadark" poster is basically a troll.

I just checked the Toyota site and the '09

I'm basing this on the current generation of Corolla, but... it also doesn't have a double glovebox nor the extra storage space in the console. And it doesn't come in liftback form.

OTOH the Corolla has a sun/moonroof available and the Prius

Yes, I asked this question when I was seriously considering buying a Prius back in '04, and got the same answer (at a dealership). That unique roofline doesn't allow for one, & since the roofline is designed to be aerodynamic, & a sun/moonroof would produce some drag.... no sun/moonroof

and that if it did have one it would

Its looks from the outside is really deceiving - roomier interior than one would guess.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Yep, we are.

It does have much better mileage than larger vehicles. Large vehicles get nowhere near 36 mpg. People who drive more gently than I do report 40+. It is much roomier than it looks, which is one of the major reasons people buy it. One other nice thing about it is that the instrument cluster is where it is supposed to be, not that center of the dash crap.

Reply to
Truckdude

Yes, or you can wait a couple of weeks for the VW Jetta TDI Diesel to arrive, spend less and never have to worry about batteries in a car that will be WAY more fun to drive.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

There is always the Matrix.....sort of a Corolla Station Wagon / Hatchback thingy. Unfortunately the mileage is not as good.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White