What a Pity it is that We Can't Take Advantage of Iran's Inner Turmoil

Definitely. Have a look at a good article which explains much in few words:

witfal

The lesson learned is to NEVER trust the country or the world to a leftist...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The

Particularly one from the south.

Reply to
witfal

Or a carpetbagger that goes north and pulls the wool over New Yankers....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Sorry, I left out a word: "the generals also recommended _against_ any attack." Also that meeting occurred in Dec. last year. It was the article that was published a few weeks ago.

And then what? Seriously, then what?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Probably because they know more about war than those of us who've never been in war.

But back to your statement, "Iran will be quick and easy,' what's the basis for it? Why should a much larger country be easier to conquer than Iraq, which still hasn't been won?

.
Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

That's not an article but an editorial, and the Jeruselum Post is one of the most conservative major newspapers in Israel, with an editorial policy about on par with the Wall Street Journal.

A better Israeli newspaper is:

Jimmy Carter a leftist? Go read a history book and stop being so ignorant..

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Cause we are not going to occupy Iran....just bust up the nuclear capability.

It may be the Israelis, but it will be done....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Jimmy Carter never met a dictator he didn't like.

He is so far left he has to come toward the center to match up to the extreme lefties in this country.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Singing the praises, eh? Good job.

I stand by my words. He's hardly a conservative.

Reply to
witfal

I have to admit, today, that I was wrong about something. I didn't think even you were stupid enough to think there was any sort of comparison between our continuing presence in Japan and Germany and our occupation of Iraq.

However, I was wrong; you are that stupid.

Reply to
dh

Do you mean an Operation Desert Fox for Iran? .

We don't want the Israelis to get involved in any war between the US and Iran because that will give every Arab and Muslim country an excuse to wave all-out war in the Middle East.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Every rational person knows that the WSJ's editorial pages are shrill and predictably to the far right, unlike its article pages.

Yet you've offered no evidence.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

carter weakened our military, gave support to draft dodgers and turncoats. Screwed up the economy.

Ronald Reagan got us back on the right track.

Reply to
dbu,.

Just wait and see what happens.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You're being irrational. But I supposed you think the NYT is politically neutral.

No one could improve upon all of the evidence presented by Carter himself.

Have you had your head in the sand the past ten or fifteen years?

Reply to
witfal

No, Joe Besser has had his head somewhere else for apparently most of his life.

Charles of Schamburg

Reply to
n5hsr

The military was shrunk after the Vietnam war by Nixon and Ford as well, and it was Ford who allowed draft dodgers to return to the US without fear of prosecution.

Carter didn't handle the economy well, but he wasn't at fault for fouling it up. That was caused by Nixon's disasterous wage-price controls and OPEC quadrupling oil prices overnight. It wasn't until Carter replaced his first Federal Reserve Chairman, G. William Miller, with the much better Paul Volcker that the economy started to turn around, but it happened at a politically inopportune time for Carter.

On the economy, Reagan basically just let Volcker stay in office, and internationally we became very lucky because the last of the Stalinists had died and Gorbechev became the Soviet leader. But Reagan handled that opportunity very well and, unlike the current president, Reagan reduced tensions and cut back strategic weapons.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

You've offered evidence that Carter was a bad president but nothing to support your contention that he was a leftist.or nonconservative.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Carter is/was a flaming liberal.

Here is proof positive!