What security measures to take?

That's the most recent year stats are available. I looked...

Reply to
hachiroku

I have the same model and I just thought they were to old to steal here they are all rusted from salt, maybe im wrong, a lock is made that goes over the brake pedal and over the center hub of your steering wheel which is better than the club, Im sure there is a low amp wire you could tap to put in a hidden switch, there is a device that goes over the ignition key and locks around the steering collumn, that might be good.

Reply to
ransley

Can you park it in your home garage?

Or is this for when you park it at work, going shopping, ???

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Most likely it is a way to collect from one insurance company, since the sludged up engines in the 89 are no longer covered by the extended warranty ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

The '89 had sludge issues?!!

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

For some odd reason this thread reminds me of the service station owner who attaches his restroom key to a cinder block.... CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

No.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You are correct Toyota never refers to their problem as a sludge problem. In 2003 Toyota extended the warranty for engines "Exhibiting Gelling" as they called it, on several '98 to '03 modes to eight years, unlimited mileage WOF.

The extend warranty authorizes dealerships to "clean, repair and replace engine so effected." The change in the head, to basically the one used prior to 98 and the switch to synthetic oil has apparently alleviated the problem for owners of '03 and up and put it off for those with a '98 to '03 that only got a cleaning

.
Reply to
Mike hunt

best idea to keep from getting your car stolen.....

Park it in a better neighborhood.

Reply to
mack