When Does Prius/Highlander Hybrid Transition form Electric to Gas Power?

As a soon to be (I hope) Highlander Hybrid owner, I was wondering if anyone knows at what MPH the electric drive transitions to gas drive on the Hybrid Synergy Drive vehicles?

Reply to
Rick Davis

in practical terms almost immediately.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Can't give you an exact figure beyond "very low", maybe by 20mph for the Prius Mk2. Could be someone else has the tech manual. A big part of the vagueness is because the control system is clever about when it uses the petrol engine: hard acceleration brings it in sooner, for example.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson