Wubba Wubba Wubba Thup Thup Thup...

Tires were fine. but when the guy almost burned his hand removing the wheel, he confirmed what I suspected: the caliper is sticking (actually, I suspected a rotor problem; close enough for Gov't work!)

That explains why it was happening after driving 15-20 miles: the slide is sticking lightly, and the rotor is heating up. Have a new rotor, new pads, and Dremel tool. This is the one caliper I

*didn't* rework last year, since it was the only one that wasn't sticking!

Supposed to be a warm but not too humid evening tonight...

Reply to
Hachiroku

he confirmed what I suspected:

for Gov't work!)

sticking lightly, and the rotor is heating up.

*didn't* rework last year, since it

Ouch.... I've had a ton of problems with brake, exhaust and anything rubber in the past that were all basically from leaving the car parked and not driving them. Even my baby (1967 El Camino) had three sets of mufflers rust out when it was garaged the whole time. And the brakes #$##%. All rubber parts went bad on my 100% NEW brakes with it parked in the garage for several years.

Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

I've seen tires that "separate" do same type thing Hach. That's why I always feel tires if I notice it.

Glad you found it though. Can be frustrating.

Reply to
ron

Seemed to be a tire at first, but the guy said the wheel was HOT, and a good look confirmed the brakes were the problem.

I thought the slider was sticking, but when I got in there, the caliper was toast.

Guess what I'm doing Saturday!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

he confirmed what I suspected:

for Gov't work!)

sticking lightly, and the rotor is heating up.

*didn't* rework last year, since it

I drive this car from April until November, so it only sits for a few months.

Reply to
Hachiroku