"Yaris coming to U.S."

Yaris coming to U.S. Toyota hopes the Yaris will generate the excitement here in the U.S. that it did abroad. at

Mike

Bro,

it is already out in US

Mike wrote:

Reply to
skewe

Um, you're a little behind.

I've already seen three of them on the road!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Wait till you see the SMART car. It's even smaller than the Yaris.

Reply to
badgolferman

We'll probably have to wait a bit longer to see the SMART in the US; ZAP contracted with the Smart company to bring the "americanized" version here after Daimler/Chrysler bailed...and then the "gas crisis" as we like to call it, hit and now DC is rethinking the SMART. Adding fuel to the fire, the much hyped Yaris is no where to be seen (the sedans are...not the hatchback).

As one who has driven the smallest hatchbacks for about 16 years now (1 Ford Fiesta and 2 Ford Festivas, I'm really annoyed this summer because I had intended to replace my current Festiva with the Yaris figuring it's a Toyota, cheap and good on gas (and much better looking than the ugly Echo).

When I was at the Toyota dealership I saw at least 5 people walk in asking to see the Yaris hatchback...which they don't have. Maybe I'll go ahead and smog and reregister the Festiva for a few more months until the novelty wears off...or gas prices stabilize (and those who formerly wouldn't be caught dead in a compact go back to their SUV's).

Reply to
seerialmom