00 Camry Vibrating when on the highway

I was traveling on a straight path yesterday during a downpour in a

2000 LE Camry. It was raining heavily (cats and dogs) and while cruising at about 70mph, the car started to vibrate. If you have a cell phone and you put it on vibrate in your pocket, that was the feeling that I got for the whole car.

I left off the accelerator and it went off. A few min later, it came back on while doing 70 and that happened like 3 times.

Does anybody know what this might incline to?

I did a flush of the transmission just that morning at a Toyota dealership but I doubt that caused it, unless he did not put enough transmission fluid. I know my tires needs to be replace within the next 5000 miles or so. I do not think it was hydroplaning as later on, the car did hydroplane but it was not vibrating like a cell phone. It does not have trac control or ABS.

Any thoughts, anybody.. THX.

Reply to
skewe

I had a similar problem with my 2000 LE. Car vibrated like crazy over 60. Brought it into my local mechanic who told me my frame was bent and the car was out of alignment. Brought it to a dealer service and they aligned it. No problems since. But if you know your tires need to be changed in 5K miles, why not do the whole job together--tires, balance and alignment.

Ken from Merrick

Reply to
Ken