CV boots

How does one know when they need to be changed? do they make a noise? Any help is apreciated Never Forgive, Never Forget 9-11-01

Reply to
ARKADYA

look at them, if they are broken/split they need replacing. they will not make noise. If you leave the broken boot on there for long dirt and water will accellerate the wear on the bearings,Those will make noise, then you have a bigger repair to do..

Reply to
ROBMURR

You'll see rubber split at the seams and grease spraying out when the boots go --- and the joint goes shortly there after from grit/grime. If they have lots of miles on them or are cheap aftermark rebooted ones -- they could have excess wear and would click when driving and move back and forth when you grab them (a little movemnt is normal).

Reply to
Wolfgang

How does one know when they need to be changed? do they make a noise? Any help is apreciated Never Forgive, Never Forget 9-11-01

Reply to
FORY

Thanks for the info, I replaced the whole thing. It was pretty totaled. You are right, from now on I wont wait till its too late. Never Forgive, Never Forget 9-11-01

Reply to
ARKADYA