02 Camry Rattle/Suspension

I have an 02 Camry SE. As you know, it comes with a firmer suspension. When the weather is warm and/or humid, the cabin feels very smooth with hardly any rattle. But when it gets cold it becomes annoying with rattling on the dash.

I learnt to live with this after many attempts to get it fixed. Nonetheless, I do love the handling. But my questions are to the owners of the Gen. 5 LEs and XLEs with the softer suspension:

  1. Do you guys also experience much rattling in the cabin?
  2. Do you notice any noise variation with temperature?
  3. Does you car feel firm at corners? Or is it the same mushy feeling as in the 4th Gen. Camrys?

Thanks much in advance

--Ibrahim

Reply to
Ibrahim
  1. Do you guys also experience much rattling in the cabin?

Nope. No rattles. My Camry was built in Japan

  1. Do you notice any noise variation with temperature?

Nope

  1. Does you car feel firm at corners? Or is it the same mushy feeling as in the 4th Gen. Camrys?

Ride is soft and varies with air pressure in tires. The tires I have are Michelin Energy LX4:

At 29 PSI, the handling is a bit sloppy but at 32 PSI its mich better. Max tire pressure is 35 PSI.

Reply to
Car Guy
  1. First USA built 02 Camry LE had many rattles -- magnified in colder weather. Replacement 03 Camry LE built in Japan has NO rattles...solid as a tank.

  1. Not with the Japanese built Camry.

  2. Mushy with OEM tires. Replaced with Bridgestone Potenza RE950 and immediately noticed a big difference in handling. On corners, a bit of sway, but very good grip.
Reply to
Ron